1. The Guest, by signing the Registration Form, warrants that he/she is duly authorised to sign and bind his/her/their principal to these conditions of residence and failing such authority, agrees to be personally liable for all amounts arising from the residence of himself/herself and his/her/their accompanying party (as set out on the front thereof) at the Hotel.
2. The Guest and/or his/her/their principal agrees to pay not later than the time of departure (unless prior written arrangements have been made with the Hotel Management), the room rate, as determined by the Hotel for the period of residency at the hotel and VAT (if applicable), incurred by the Guest and his/her/their accompanying party during his/her/their stay in the hotel including all expenses and charges made to the room.
3. The Guest hereby agrees that they are financially and legally responsible for any damage to Hotel property or injury caused to any person – either Hotel Staff Member or fellow guest – caused by the negligence or wrongful act by either themselves or a member of their accompanying party.
4. The Guest agrees to vacate their hotel room by the designated time/date of departure. If, for whatever reason, the Guest fails to vacate their hotel room by the designated time/date of departure the Guest agrees that their personal belongings may be packed away by a member of the Hotel Staff and that their belongings will be stored in a safe place until such a time as the Guest is able to return/collect their belongings.
5. Under 18’s. It is our policy to politely ask all persons who appear that they may be under the age of 25 years to provide suitable proof (passport/photo ID ) that they are at least 18 years of age. Persons below this age must not be served any alcohol.
6. A person who is 16 years or over, who is present for the purpose of consuming a meal in the restaurant, can be allowed limited types of alcohol. These include beer, cider, perry, porter or wine.
7. Cancellation Policy – Cancellation terms are specific to the rate selected and are detailed on the website and within your confirmation. We recommend you take out holiday insurance to cover any possible eventualities.
7.1 Any indirect reservations made through an online travel agent, or other third party is subject to separate terms and conditions, or cancellation policies as stipulated on the booking site at point of making the reservation.
8. Please note if you make changes to your reservation, availability and thus the rate is also subject to change.
9. Check in is from 3pm and check out is by 11am. We aim to honour requests for early check in, or late check out but this is subject to availability on the day.
10. All our rooms are non-smoking and guests are obliged by Scottish law to refrain from smoking in any room or public space in the hotel. Guests that are found smoking or to have smoked in their hotel bedroom will be charged a penalty fee amounting to the standard charge of their room for each night until such time as the tobacco smell has dissipated & the hotel is able to resell the room. This charge is to allow time for fumigation, extra cleaning and to cover the loss of income, for this period, for this room.