Are you planning a weekend trip to Islay?
Begin your Islay adventure at The Machrie!
One of the most accessible Scottish islands, Islay can be reached by air or sea. Just 25 mins from Glasgow Airport with Loganair or 2.5 hours by ferry with CalMac from Kennacraig.
There is so much to explore from our doorstep here, and many of our brilliant staff are fountains of knowledge on the local area.
Our GM, Ed Richardson, shares his personal top recommendations to experience whilst visiting Islay. And all can be experienced during a short 48 hours on Islay!
- Learn about the fascinating stories behind some remaining illicit
whisky stills at The Museum of Islay Life and soak up all the
history of the island
- Be awestruck by the ancient graves and carved stoned cross
dating back to 820AD at The Kildalton Cross and Chapel
- Regardless of your ability, play a round of golf on our championship links, now ranked in the top 100 in the world!
- Travel in unique style in a Tuk Tuk, (yes, an actual Tuk Tuk!)
with a private tour of the island
- Take a sunset stroll along Laggan Bay, just a 5 min walk
from the hotel
Take a look at our packages and book your next weekend escape to a stunning Scottish Island.
Leave A Comment